Join our team and help make a difference!
Our vision at Enersion is to be a leading global provider of innovative and green cooling technologies. Our employees are the foundation to our success, we believe in fostering an open culture and brainstorming ideas to reduce our carbon footprint
Check out our current openings:
Enersion is looking for a senior fabrication lead that works closely with company engineers to accelerate fabrication and assembling different iterations of our products. To minimize the fabrication time, the company plans on increasing its in-house fabrication capabilities while taking advantage of some of its current suppliers. This role provides a unique opportunity for a senior fabricator to set up and lead the operation of its own shop within Enersion. We strongly prefer a candidate with multiple fabrication skill sets such as welding or fitting to minimize our reliance on third party companies.
At Enersion, we are passionately building a new cooling technology for large scale applications. This has many challenges from design to implementation. We want our new hire to be ready to take on these challenges and therefore possess the right attitude to work hard, be innovative and push the team forward with effective communication and an organized workflow system.
- 5 years experience working in: production/assembly/fabrication/machining is needed
- Strong working knowledge of fabrication techniques (jigs, fixtures, fitting and machining)
- Welding experience is an asset (Stick, TIG or MIG)
- Highly organized and structured approach to completing tasks
- Team leadership with excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
- Ability to interpret CAD designs, drawings and specifications for machines and components
- Proficient using SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software is strongly preferred.
- Can physically lift up to 50lbs. repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitudes are considered assets.
- Knowledge or practical experience with vacuum systems is an asset
- Lead fabrication of our mechanical systems by working closely with our engineers, suppliers, and, if outsourced, third party fabricators (e.g. lathe, CNC mill, laser cutting, welding and 3d printing)
- Assist the site engineers with metal fabrication work
- Installation of large-scale mechanical and electrical systems
- Work with production team members to investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Source and obtain price quotations from suppliers, fabricators and subcontractors and prepare purchase requests
- Multitask several projects at once, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Post-secondary education with relevant, formal training in fabrication, mechanical technologies and/or electrical technologies is prefered
- Candidates with Millwright and/or Electrician training is prefered
Job Type: Full-time