Chemist | Scarborough, ON
Enersion is a fast-growing green tech company with offices both in US (California) and Canada (Ontario). The company is backed by almost all major green energy organizations in both countries including SDTC, US Department of Energy, IESO, Enbridge (through NGIF) and many more. Enersion has been recently receive Solar Impulse Foundation stamp as one of the green technologies that offers financially viable solution. Originally span out of MIT and University of Toronto, Enersion’s solutions are based on its technology that converts heat to cooling without using electricity and synthetic refrigerants. This has been integrated with solar hybrid panels and CHPs to utilize the waste heat in the electricity generation process to provide cooling, thereby creating the most efficient decentralized energy systems. Enersion solution offers up to 70% cost saving for their entire energy bills. Enersion is built on the foundations of a strong team that is motivated, hardworking and passionate and at the same time is devoted to creating a positive and inclusive work space.
The R&D team in Enersion Inc. is seeking an Applied chemist with a strong background in technology development to expand the breadth of research in adsorption-based energy storage / cooling. The primary focus of this R&D work will focus on different aspects of surface physics including adsorption theories, separation, isotherm determination, synthesis of nano-porous materials such as Metal-organic Frameworks, coating or impregnation methods. The research will be conducted in the context of a multidisciplinary team to develop a system specific material. The candidate will be deeply involved in developing novel and exciting ideas for adsorption-based energy storage and cooling.
- Discover/synthetize a system specific nano-porous materials for achieving high vapour uptake.
- Perform experiments to determine isotherms and screen adsorption/desorption behaviour of nano-porous material.
- Helping engineering team with coating or impregnation challenges.
- Help team members with materials selection and development, process design, process intensification, and techno-economic analyses.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements
- At least 4 years of relevant research experience, preferably within the context of a PhD degree in chemistry.
- Required experience in developing/conducting research in at least one of these fields: surface chemistry, adsorption, nano-porous material, coating, ink formulation, or chemical synthesis.
- Working knowledge of basic instrumental techniques
- Extensive experience facilitating industry engagement into research and expanding the technology readiness level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate to an international, scientific audience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative teams across the laboratory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing needs
- Familiarity in electrochemical processing, and nanomaterials synthesis chemistry is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1L4A2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Master’s Degree (required)